The Open University invites applications for full - and part-time studentships in our suite of pathways within The Grand Union Doctoral Training Partnership.
The link below is to the Grand Union advert for PhD studentships on jobs.ac.uk.
As it says in the advert, the Security pathway encompasses the interdisciplinary research fields of security, privacy and surveillance.
opics of interest include:
- security in and of organisations,
- security and international law, human rights and human trafficking,
- post 9/11 security,
- surveillance and the surveillance society,
- social aspects of surveillance technologies,
- privacy, information security and privacy including big data,
- policing – especially policing and human rights law, policing and security and police interviews and witness interpretations,
- policy and practice of social work in relation to domestic violence, child protection and young offenders,
- social aspects of software engineering for secure systems,
- social aspects of privacy management especially in mobile and ubiquitous systems,
- social aspects of digital forensics.
Closing date is January 20th 2017.